I am so excited to speak with you today about Global Real Estate, which is, what I believe, the future in this industry.
Imagine if you could put 1 or 2 additional team members in different offices throughout your city, region, province or Internationally, while controlling everything from a central hub. No need for Bricks and Mortar and own your own franchise…simply insert your team member in to another existing office.
Instead of having a 10-20 person team in your office in Toronto or any other major city….you could scale it up to be in any city in North America( or the world).
Kristan Sapp Cole, an Agent from Alaska, shared with me how she has expanded her team from Anchorage, Alaska to Scottsdale, Arizona (so she can spend the winters there) and now into Salt Lake City!
This concept was created by Gary Keller, (Author of the New York Times best selling book “The Millionaire Real Estate Agent”), through his collaboration and masterminding with the top teams in North America.
His goal is roll this out to Mega-Agent teams across North America.
Here is what I learned:
1. The best advice is to expand locally first- within 30 km’s (or 20 miles) of your existing office.
2. Then, expand to the next city or region in your province or state.
3. Recruit an agent to an office in the area that you would like to expand first, and consult with the Team Leader/Manager or Broker/Owner to see if they are a fit for their exisiting culture.
4. Control all of your lead generation from your existing hub( or office) and turn it on 2 months before your expansion date.
5. Focus on hiring someone form the “buy-side” of the transaction i.e. an agent that works mostly with
6. Make sure you find someone who has a behaviour profile to follow your system
7. Build a compensation model that you could duplicate through 10 other offices.
8. Make sure your “hub” office has the right talent to administer this program, constantly be lead generating for appointments (not just leads) and has ample expansion support.
9. Build scalable systems
10. Create more opportunity throughout your team for them all to grow and never have to leave you.
We have all witnessed a massive growth of Real Estate teams over the past 10 years. The market share and sheer numbers of transactions that these teams do is amazing and I believe this trend will continue.
What do you think about this?