Wisdom is something that is acquired over time. You have probably heard the expression “time on the task”, but real wisdom is gained by “time on the task over time”. Please see below for some insight that I have gained from top agents over my 24 years being, and working with top agents.
1. The purpose of building a great Real Estate team is to build a business that makes profit. Profit allows you to grow and add talent to your team, and implement better systems to provide more (and better) services to you clients that in turn, make them clients for life.
2. They always stay in relationship with their top 20% of clients
3. When adding new agents to their team, the first thing they look for is a track record of success in a previous career
4. They understand that having a ”Big Why” in life brings big energy. A “little why” brings little energy.
5. They understand that you need three piles of money. One to fund their lifestyle, a second to get out of debt, and a third to build wealth and financial security. They invest their money in income producing assets in the real estate industry, such as property and second mortgages. They invest their money in a business they know, and not in the stock market.
6. All of their appointments with Buyers and Sellers must be completed by the 2/3 mark of the month. The first week of every month is spent booking a massive amount of appointments for the rest of the month.
7. Every day they spend time lead generating. They understand that from first contact to the closing date, averages 9 months per client. They never do what the other unsuccessful agents do… which is to wait until late December or January to start Lead Generation.
8. They have a detailed Vision Statement of what their business will look like at the end of the year. This Vision clearly lays out what has to happen for this year to be their best year ever. They review it daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly to ensure they stay on track.
9. They understand that mindset is everything. “If you believe you can, or can’t…you are right”