How to Listen like a Consultant, instead of talking like a Saleperson

Business advice

It has been said, that if you want to get great answers, you must learn to ask great questions. Please see below for a few tips on how to conduct a great consultation with your clients.

I will follow where they go.

I will not conduct an interrogation.

I will stay in curiosity.

I will use “I am curious…” in my next conversation.

I will be more conversational and use “Wow, tell me more…”

I will pay attention to how they relate and learn. Are they is auditory, kinesthetic or experiential.

I will listen more intently and repeat back what they say.

I will stay focused

I will establish rapport by asking questions like “Just wanted to make sure that I heard you?”

I will let my client answer my questions.

I will ask what is important to them about buying/selling/investing/leasing Real Estate.

I will probe and discover what is really important to them and then explain my plan of action

I will be careful about what I investigate when there are choices.

I will explain how my plan will help them accomplish what is very important to them.

I will only talk 25% of the time and listen the other 75%

In doubt? Try my free resources

Learning from others is how you improve yourself. Read a blog post, listen to a podcast, or watch a webinar to learn from Glenn.

More Articles

One of the best parts of a career in Real Estate is the “Hugs” we receive from our clients. You know the moment when you told the Buyers that their offer has been accepted, or the Sellers, that their home is finally sold. It is the magical moment of every transaction and the fuel that keeps us coming back for more.